Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Think...Therfore I'm Confused





















Somewhere
in my journey…
past equidistance…
at that point
where the light
receding
is dimmer
than the light
approaching…
I find myself
watching another day
drop silently
under the weight
of an orange sun…
disappearing
behind
bearded oaks
and gangly
yellow pines…
the air grows still
the gray of evening
fills in the shadows
beneath bushes
and trees…

so
I’m here
once again…
pondering the
tenuous balance
of life
and the universe…
which
I suddenly find
is about
as satisfying
as taking a shower
with my clothes on…
this is why
my ancestors drank…
and my peer group
has grown up
in a pharmaceutical
purple haze…

the sun sets
as I return to my
3 bedroom,
2 ½ bath cave…
arriving at my
latest profound
revelation and
philosophical thought:

‘I think,
therefore I’m confused”…
drink up…

R. C. Arquette 8/27/07

No comments: