Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's Still a Pretty Good Day









Out of bed this mornin’…
after a night of hardly snorin’…
my body is complaining
from the start…

oh man, my arm…
my shoulder…
my back…
my lungs and heart…
my leg…
my hip is throbbing…
my knee
and my aching head…
my neck is stiff…
my eyelids hurt…
and there’s something itchy
in this gawd damn shirt…

I think I’m imploding…
or that’s just the farts…
the growing explosions
are taxing my heart…
I’m creaky…
I’m popping…
there is no way of stopping
hell, I think I’m caving in…

my eyelids are baggy…
my ass is saggy…
I can’t see my feet anymore…
something down there
covered in hair
has grown big
and fat there
between us…
It’s gotten so big
It’s buried my rig…
damn,
I can hardly find
my penis…

my vision is going…
my hearing too…
something smelly is
alive in my shoes…
I’m getting all wrinkled
my hair is thinning
and gray…

but you know what
they say…
I’m still above ground…
so it’s still a pretty
good day…

R. C. Arquette
5/6/05

No comments: